Did you know that:
- All campaign activities are funded by individual supporters like you
- As of 2018, corporations and unions are prohibited from donating to candidates
Your financial support is incredibly appreciated. Everything I do is for the betterment of our city, and with your help, we can spread the message to help build a more innovative, transparent, and human city government.
CANDIDATE CONTRIBUTION REBATE PROGRAM (CCRP)
Markham Bylaw 2018-17 allows for the payment of a rebate to individuals who make contributions to candidates for Markham Council (Mayor, Regional Councillor or Ward Councillors) in the 2018 Municipal Election.
To receive a rebate:
- Contributors must be individual residents in Ontario
- Contribution must be in the form of cash or cheque
- A rebate will be issued in 2019
|Contribution to Candidate’s Campaign||Formula to Calculate Rebate|
|$50 — $300||75% of contribution to a maximum contribution rebate of $225|
|$301 — $550||$225 plus 50% of contribution between $301 — $550 to a maximum contribution rebate of $350|
|$551 — $1,200||A $350 contribution rebate is issued|